Saturday, April 3, 2010

Happy Belated Passover


So as usual, the spring holidays of Passover and Easter snuck up on me without warning. Since it's been a long time since I lived near family, Tony and I had become accustom to non-traditional celebrations of Easter and Passover that usually involved picnics in Griffith Park or at the beach. This year, I am thankful to spend the holidays with my family and we kicked off the mixed faith fest with a week day Passover Seder with my sister-in-laws family. I was delighted to attend a real Passover Seder and when asked to bring a dessert, I had a mild panic as all of my best dessert recipes included flour, which is not suitable for Passover! So who do you turn to when you need a great passover recipe in a flash? The biggest WASP in cooking of course! Martha Stewart came to the rescue with her Chocolate Chunk Macaroon recipe which was incredibly easy and delicious. I could have eaten the entire batch myself! I highly recommend this recipe for any future Passover celebrations.

*Cooks Note, she says to mold the dough like "hay stacks" which of course made me think squares but it's more of a "sand dune" shape to get a true Macaroon form.

Before:


After:

No comments:

Post a Comment